Makes 10 pieces
To make the sweet dough
- In a mixing bowl, mix the flour, butter, almond powder and icing sugar until you achieve the texture of fine sand.
- Beat in the egg and, when it is fully incorporated, place the dough mixture into the fridge for about 12 hours.
- Roll the dough to a thickness of 2 mm, and place it into the base of a tart tin or dish.
- Cook the tart shell at 160 degrees Celsius for 15 minutes.
To make the pastry cream
- Put the milk on to boil.
- Scrape the pulp from the vanilla bean and place both pulp and bean into the milk.
- Separately, mix together the egg yolk, sugar and flour. - Strain the boiled milk into the yolk mix, removing the pieces of vanilla. Then transfer back into the milk pan, bring to the boil and cook for 3 minutes, stirring all the time.
- Allow the cream to cool, and then pour into the tart shell.
- Once the tart has set, garnish with fresh raspberries.
30g Almond powder
75g Icing sugar
250ml of milk
Half a vanilla bean
Yolk of one egg
Raspberries, to garnish